Please download the following files as part of the 2019 BC Active Transportation Summit press kit:
Download press release as a PDF file here.
Download feature speakers & bios as a PDF file here.
Download images as a zip file here.
Download logos as a zip file here.
If you need any additional or other materials, please contact Lucas at the email below.
2019 BC Active Transportation Summit
About the BCCC:
The British Columbia Cycling Coalition is BC’s voice for safer cycling. The organization has championed all ages and abilities cycling for 21 years through their mission of enabling everyone to ride bicycles everywhere for transportation, recreation, and vacation. The BCCC works with cycling groups, governments, businesses and organizations across the province to:
- Secure more funding for cycling paths, protected bike lanes and better cycling facilities on highways
- Ensure that new and existing road and bridge projects include great cycling facilities
- Encourage the implementation of provincial cycling education initiatives
- Build support for an updated Motor Vehicle Act
- Support provincial initiatives that support cycle tourism
About the BC Active Transportation Summit:
The BC Active Transportation Summit, produced by the BCCC, is being presented in conjunction with the anticipated release of the Province’s first ever Active Transportation Strategy.
The Summit will bring together planners, engineers and experts from local and provincial governments, industry, nonprofits, and academia to explore how to make active transportation for pedestrians, disabled people, and cyclists an essential part of all communities across BC.
Key information to note:
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure staff including Minister Trevena will unveil highlights of the Active Transportation Strategy on Monday morning, June 17th
- This is the first province-wide active transportation conference being held in BC
- Sessions and themes focus on active transportation as it relates to all users (pedestrians, disabled people, cyclists)
- 250 delegates from around the Province will be in attendance, as well as those from other provinces and the US
Receive Updates on Future Summits
Sign up to hear more about future summits and other similar events. Please complete the form below to let us know what information is most relevant to you.